Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Last Stop on the Trip: Cumberland Falls, Corbin, KY

This is one that I heard about and planned to paddle. The ranger told me that I could be fined and do jail time for putting in above the falls. I opted not to try it even though it looked pretty doable where I was going to put in. They have a kayak rental place and there are some class 3 rapids downstream from the falls. I just didn't have the kayak for whitewater. I was just going to paddle upstream as far as I could and then float back. It must not be a common feat for this park according to the reaction that I got. Oh well, it was beautiful and I got some great shots of the falls. It is worth a visit if you ever get down this way. It is right next to the Daniel Boone Forest and one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I got to see it with all of its Fall glory and color.


No comments:

Post a Comment