Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Paddle Report: Back Home in Indiana

I put in at the Studebaker Park public access in the Elkhart River, in Elkhart, IN. It is good to be back home in Indiana and there is still some good kayaking to do here at home. The Fall colors are beautiful and the weather was great for a day out on the water. The river was a little low and the current was swift. It was a great workout to paddle through some spots on the river almost class I rapids in places and very difficult to paddle against. I went a couple of miles upstream and then enjoyed the relaxing float back. It was the second time out with my little "Necky Sky" kayak and I really like that little thing. It is easy to maneuver and perfect for those short creek and small river paddles and it is so easy to load and unload and light enough to carry in and out of portages with no problem. The seat is very comfy with good back support.




No comments:

Post a Comment